Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Getting Better at Running

I looked at today's workout and it was basically the Helen W.O.D. with Hand Release Push Ups (HRPU) substituted for pull ups. I didn't want to go but I did. I got to Distinct Crossfit in time to do my normal Intu-Flow warm up.

I only did 2 rounds of the startup. I didn't notice the 3 rounds line and after my first round was dicking around looking at the leader board, then I noticed people were still going through the startup exercises. I jumped back in but didn't have enough time to complete the third round. But I was sufficiently warmed up for the W.O.D. thanks to the Intu-Flow.

Start up
3 rounds
10 cal ride Airdyne
10 PVC goodmorings
10 PVC Over head squats
5 Downward Dog to Upward Dog

W.O.D.
3 RFT
400m run
21 KBS (53/35)
12 HRPU

Goat work(8-10 mins)
Choose one
Pull ups/chest to bar/mu skill
Rope climb wrap
Pistols
Double unders

Finisher
50 leg ext to hip raise
Smash/roll sore muscles

I did the W.O.D. in 15:46. That was a huge slice of time off my first Helen, which was 23:40. Nearly 8 minutes better!  Shoot just one week ago it took me 15:35 just to run 1600M. Thanks to Lindsay Decken for coming out to run my final 400M with me. She was finished way ahead of me and could have just waited at the box, but she came back out. Having her along really helped though I did have to walk some on the uphill stretch headed back to the gym.

I worked on jumping rope again for my skill work. I should probably work on some other skill next time we have Goat work. and just work on my jump rope on my own time daily. The leg ext to hip raise was a killer. I got 10 reps to start, though my reps were probably poor compared to other folks. The I did sets of 5, thens sets of 2 and finished up w/ 3 sets of 3 to get 50 total reps. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get up and walk my abs were so tight. But I managed after lying on the mat a bit then doing some upward facing dog again to stretch my abs. I didn't have the energy for my normal prasara cool down plus it was almost 1930.

Three workouts in a row! Better running and 5 pounds heavier on my kettlebell swings! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.