Saturday, July 26, 2014

Late Evening WOD

After standing out in the heat yesterday afternoon and most of today watching some amazing athletes in The Greenville Games, I came home had some dinner, relaxed a bit then got my WOD on. I did the workout scheduled by the box I joined, Distinct Crossfit.

Start up
Warm up

W.O.D
4rds
200m run
15 sumo dead high pull 75/55 rx2 55/35
15 burpees

Finisher
Stretch and roll

For my warm up I did my normal Intu-flow plus extra shoulder, hip and leg mobility work. I was able to do the WOD with the men's rx2 weight, 55# for the high pulls. I went out to fast on my first 200M run and got sharp stabbing pains in my right knee, the one I had arthroscopic surgery on a few years ago. I walked the 2nd 200M but was able to do a slow, slow trot on the 3rd and 4th rounds.

The sumo deadlift high pulls were pretty easy. I might have been able to do rx but I figured better safe than sorry. Especially since I need to keep my right shoulder from blowing up. The burpees really sucked, which means the rx2 weight was probably a good choice. They were the worst looking, sloppiest deadlifts ever but I got through them SLOWLY!

I was so wet with sweat when I finished that it looked like I had been sprayed with a hose. I had shed my shirt after the first round. but my shorts were soaked. After catching my breath and drinking a little water I finished up with my Prasara Yoga recovery routine. I'm beat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.