Thursday, January 19, 2012

Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 3

My nine year old son, MJB, had basketball practice this evening at seven at Brushy Creek Baptist Church. I took the opportunity to drive around to Eastside High School where I ran and walked on the football field. I was going to run on the track but it was hard asphalt or concrete. I wanted to give my knees a break, but even so I'm icing my knees now.

The first week's workouts consist of a five minute walking warmup which is followed by 8 rounds of jogging for sixty seconds alternated with ninety seconds of walking. The workouts are concluded with a five minute cool down walk. Here are my times for today.

Total1.15 miles18:3016:03
inc WU/CD1.53 miles28:3018:37


This was better than my workout a week ago today


Total1.05 miles18:3017:32
inc WU/CD1.49 miles28:3019:09


However it was worse than my workout back on Saturday


Total1.25 miles18:3014:46
inc WU/CD1.71 miles28:3016:36



I really should have done today's run on Tuesday or Wednesday. I ran sprints on Monday, so I figured I would wait a day before doing "distance" running. Wednesday I was just tired and still sore from my Sunday PBF LHT workout and Monday's sprints. Plus I got home from work far later than I intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.