Monday, January 16, 2012

Primal Blueprint Fitness Sprint Workout

I ran a total of 1.2 mi in 21 mins 56 secs and burned 238 calories as tracked by CardioTrainer. I did this using the Novice Sprint Workout from Primal Blueprint Fitness ( PBF ) which you can get from Mark's Daily Apple. I warmed up by doing six rounds alternating running at 50% speed for 30 seconds followed by walking for 30 seconds. The real work was another six rounds of sprinting at 75% speed followed by walking for 120 seconds.


I really enjoy sprinting far more than distance running. However, I know in the pursuit of overall fitness being able to run a quick 5K is important. So three of my four weekly "Move Frequently at a Slow Pace" PBF workouts will be me continuing with the Couch to 5K program.  My third workout of that program will be tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.