Friday, May 29, 2015

Getting Better on Swings

Today is my daughter's birthday. We're going out to dinner. I left work a little early so I could get in my training. BTW, I was ending a twenty-four hour fast this evening. I hadn't eaten anything since about 1400 hours yesterday. So, I actually fasted for about 27 hours. I was a little too hungry when I got home so I ate a little fresh pineapple, beef jerky and almonds. About a handful of each.

FMS Corrective Exercises and Calisthenic Circuits 30:48 minutes.

The Practice
I was really slow getting going. I attribute it to ending the fast. Also, I was initially listening to some chill music. I changed the music after the FMS and the first circuit to something more upbeat. That helped get me revved up. I told myself if I'm not pumped up by the end of the warm up I'll just postpone the main part of the workout until tomorrow but I was ready!

I blazed through my twenty sets of swings. My grip was just barely hanging in there. I did 292 reps in 20 minutes today. Each set was started at the top of a minute during those twenty minutes so rest intervals were gradually decreasing. 

I managed to start my get ups after about 2.5 minutes of rest. I powered through them. I was starting to get some minor cramps in my calves and feet. BTW, I was training completely barefoot again. Got the six sets I promised myself. Also followed the plans I had laid out a couple of sessions ago for swings. This was my third attempt at Tracy Reifkind's Workout Three. Total kettlebell time 38:42. I also walked for 37:12 earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.