Thursday, May 14, 2015

Interrupted Training Session

I got home after 6:00 PM, probably closer to 6:30 PM. However, I was determined not to skip my training. I got changed and assembled my equipment. Then I went off for a short, warmup walk. About 3/4's of the way through my walk, I got a phone call from an unknown number. I ignored it which is my SOP.

Once I got home I checked my voicemail. It was work. Damn it. I stopped for at least half an hour and attempted to address the problem. No dice. Passed it off to others. I was tempted to just wait until the morning to train but then I remember Triple H discussing with Tim Ferriss his 10:00 PM workouts after a full days work and time with his kids. So, back outside I went.

Warm Up

Walk 14:46, 0.54 miles for an average of 2.2 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each 13 minutes
The Practice
By the way this was after a 37:24, 1.63 mile walk at lunch time. Anyway, after the interruption caused by work I got on with the warmup circuits. Enough time had passed so I was somewhat stiff and cool again. It really took me all three circuits to get loose.

On to the swings. First group of 5 sets of 10 was normal. Felt easy but got my heart rate up more with a light sweat and somewhat accelerated breathing. The second group was where the work began. Laddered up from 11 to 15 reps. Was sweating moderately, breathing harder with faster heart rate when complete. 

The third group of 5 sets were challenging. 15 reps every set was almost equal work and rest in a minute. I generally finished my reps at 28 or 29 seconds giving me 32 or 31 seconds before the next set was to begin at the top of the minute. Remember I'm doing a set every minute on the minute. When this was done I was sweating profusely and breathing like a breathing like an old steam locomotive.

Collapsed on my yoga mat to catch my breath. However, I think I rested too long. Last session my swings, a break and get ups took 27 minutes. Today I ran up to 30 minutes. It made me wonder if I skipped a set of getups? Nonetheless it was a very good training session. I'm proud of myself for not being deterred. 

While I was doing my get ups I really paid close attention to my form. I watched a couple of videos yesterday which I think really helped: Turkish Get Up Kalos-Sthenos 7 Steps and Dan John TGU Kettlebell DVD Clip. I was able to spot some breaks in form tonight and correct them. Bonus, I'm over 10K steps for the second time this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.