Sunday, May 17, 2015

Yesterday's Kettlebell Training

I was too tired to make this post last night when I finished training. Got up very early to go have breakfast at LeGrand Bakery with my wife. Then from 1000 to nearly 1200 I underwent a Functional Movement Screen. It was quite humbling. Out of a possible score of 21 I only got a 9. The practioner who did my FMS filmed me and took pictures. That too was humbling because I could really see just how fat I am. It is easy to fool oneself just looking in the mirror. But pictures and video don't lie.

The disappointment with my current weight began last weekend when I looked at the pictures from my daughters graduation. I saw an old looking, fat man when I saw myself. I've really got to do better and that led to a redoubling of my commitment this week, including getting the FMS which I had been reading about and hearing about for a few years without getting it done.

Warm Up

Walk 13:01, 0.52 miles for an average of 2.4 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each 16 minutes
The Practice
Warmup walk was normal. I took a bit longer on the calisthenic circuits to pay attention to form. I got some tips that applied to the movements from the FMS, particularly the Flying Dog and Squats.

Kettlebell swings were good. Even though yesterday was my third time doing Tracy Reifkind's full Workout #2 of swings I was still super winded. After a break of 2 or 3 minutes I got on with the Turkish Getups. My heart rate and breathing quickly ramped back up. I paid close attention to my form. I've still got a lot of rough spots to polish, many of which are related to things uncovered in teh FMS. Finished the entire training session in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.