Thursday, May 21, 2015

Terrible Headache, Nap, Workout

I had a very bad headache today. That is a rare occurrence. Came home early and took a nap. Woke up after a couple hours and felt better. Took my youngest son to lacrosse practice and did my kettlebell practice while he practiced lacrosse.

Warm Up

Walk 10:32, 0.42 miles for an average of 2.4 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each 12:24 minutes
The Practice
Something about training in the part seems to speed me up. It was a nice evening, not too crowded at all. Sunny but with a nice, steady breeze blowing.  I really enjoyed it. The kettlebell swings felt good. I feel stronger and my cardiovascular system seems to be adapting to the 15 reps OTM. Next week I think I'll try Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3 for the swing portion of my routine. It is 20 minutes long and builds up to 20 reps per minute. I'm tempted to buy a heavier bell and switch to it but I don't want to fall back down in reps right now.

The getups feel very good. Form is improving as I concentrate. Again, I feel like I could increase the weight from 25# to at least 30#. Before I jumped up to 35# and my shoulders weren't ready for it. I think maybe I'll wait until I'm good and comfortable w/ Workout 3. Finished up the kettlebell portion in 27:21.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.