Thursday, May 28, 2015

Every Muscle from My Neck Down to My Heels

When I finished working out last night, it seemed as if I could feel every muscle along the posterior chain from the base of my skull down to my heels. Thoroughly torched. So tired I couldn't bring myself to write this post last night.

I got started with my training very late in the evening. I left work late. Then I went and bought a barstool to use at my standup desk when I grow tired of standing. From there I went to Costco and got some groceries including the wild salmon I ended up cooking for dinner.

Once I got home, no one else had started dinner so I got busy and whipped it up. Broiled salmon, rice and mixed vegetables. Once the fish was in the oven I turned things over to my son and got on with my training starting at 2047 hours. BTW, I walked at lunch time 1.32 miles in 31 minutes. I therefore decided not to do a warm up walk last night but to instead do my FMS corrective exercises and then proceed with my normal warmup circuits.

FMS Corrective Exercises and Calisthenic Circuits 37 minutes.

The Practice
I stuck to the plan I laid out in my post about my first attempt at Tracy Reifkind's Workout 3. Following my plan I got a total of 284 swings in 20 minutes which was 14 more reps than my previous attempt even though I didn't work up to 20 reps in the third group of 5 sets.

By the time I finished the swings I was again soaking wet with sweat. But I didn't let that deter me from doing my Turkish Get Ups. I toyed with the idea of doing seven sets of Get Ups but I think I'll wait until next week to bump that number up. I was a little shaky in the side plank position a couple of times but managed to regain my position without hurting myself. 

If it's possible I was even more sweaty than at the end of the swings. I had just enough energy to put my equipment away (by this time it was 2215), take a shower, and eat dinner. I watched a little TV and iced my right shoulder. I turned off the TV and lights around midnight, read about two pages of a book and went to sleep. Also, I ended the day with nearly 13.4K steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.