Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another Interrupted Training Session

I began my training today by doing the first day of corrective exercises that were assigned to me after the Functional Movement Screen I had on Saturday. It was supposed to take about 10 minutes but it took me 20 minutes. I was getting used to the exercises. One of the moves is planks. I'm so weak on these it is ridiculous. Hopefully I will get better by the end of the six weeks I'm supposed to do them.

Once I was done with that I moved onto my normal routine. However after the warm up walk I was interrupted again because I had to stop and go pick up my son from lacrosse practice. After that I came back and got on to my calisthenic circuits.

Warm Up

Walk 15:24, 0.57 miles for an average of 2.2 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each 13:35 minutes
The Practice
Just a reminder, the swing portion of the routine is Tracy Reifkind's Workout Two. This is the my fourth time completing workout two. I think I'm adapting to it, but I was still breathing super hard and sweating like crazy when I was done with the swings.

I think I'll do this workout two more times then give workout 3 a shot.  BTW, I need to concentrate more on loading my hamstrings. Don't forget the swings are done every minute (EM) on the minute (OTM).

Once again I rested too long in between swings and getups. Today I was fiddling around with my phone trying to take my pulse. Then I looked up max heart rate percentages. The swings pushed me into about the 70% range. The next portion of the routine is inspired by Pavel Tsatsouline's Simple and Sinister.

As for the getups, I need to concentrate on keeping the planted foot solidly on the floor. My heel has a tendency to rise, especially the right one. Also, when my left leg is the straight one, I need to make sure it stays on the ground after I'm back down and lowering my torso to the ground. All in all a good workout. I finished the swings and getups in 31:38.

It was so humid that once I finished my training I could literally wring my shirt out! I was soaked. Glad to be showered and ready for bed now. Almost forgot, I walked for 28 minutes this afternoon at work, too and I'm approaching 9k steps for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.