Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I Felt Like Batman

I loved reading comic books as a kid. One of my all time favorites is Batman. This is because he didn't have super powers, he trained hard and used his brain and developed gadgets and tools to be a hero. For some reason when training today I felt like Batman!

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2.5 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 10 x 44 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 5L, 5R x 44 lbs
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 53 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10L, 10R x 53 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 5L, 5R x 53 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 44 lbs per side
I changed things up a bit. Only 20% of swings at 44lbs, upped to 80% at 53 lbs. Also, did four of the sets at 53 lbs w/o switching hands in the middle of the set. Overall good training session. Warm up took 14:59. Kettlebell session took 18:02, just 6 seconds longer than last time.

BTW, it was 74F and 91% humidity this morning. I think I'm getting stronger with get ups. I was tempted to try the 53 for a set or two, but decided to wait until at least next week. I'll reward myself with that attempt if I do all 5 kettlebell practice sessions this week.

I didn't train at all yesterday as I slept poorly the night before and woke up with an elevated heart rate. Oh, and since you can't out train a bad diet, especially once you pass 50 years of age, here is a picture of today's lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.