Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Midday Kettlebell Practice

I slept poorly last night. Woke up around 0330 and had to go to the toilet. Couldn't go back to sleep. Read for an hour then just as I was starting to fall asleep I got paged for an "emergency" at work. Grrr...Was up until about 0600 before I went back to bed. Slept for another 2.5 hours so I got in 7+ hours total. Trying to stick to a deal with myself that I'll only train kettlebells or do other intense exercise if I get at least 7 hours of sleep the night before. My heart rate was slightly elevated to 80 this morning, too.

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2.5 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 10 x 44 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 5L, 5R x 44 lbs
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 10 x 53 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 5L, 5R x 53 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10L, 10R x 53 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 5L, 5R x 53 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 44 lbs per side
My warm up felt good. Left me feeling mobile, warm and ready to go. I should probably start working goblet squats back into the warm up routine in the near future. Total warm up time was 17:08.

Changed up the set and rep scheme just a little bit compared to yesterday. Only did 1 set of two hand swings with the 53 lb kettlebell and followed that with one set switching hands half way through. I wanted to get my percentage of one hand swings back up to 80. Other than that the routine was the same. Got to focus on staying square on the one hand swings. On get ups I let myself plop back down to the kneeling position a couple of times. Got to stay focused and control that descent. Total kettlebell time was 17:21! Blazing fast!
By the way, the temperature was 91°F and felt like only 92°F because of the relatively low 35% humidity. Worked up a good sweat despite having a fan outside with me in the carport where I train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.