Sunday, June 26, 2016

Three Straight Days of Simple and Sinister

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2 minutes

  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 10 x 44 lbs.
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 10L,  10R x 44lbs
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 1 x 10 x 53 lbs.
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 5L, 5R x 53lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 10L, 10R x 53lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 5L, 5R x 53lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 44 lbs. per side
I forgot to do the Founder at the end of my warm up. Warm up took just 11:51. Still got an adequate warm up. Only crawled for two minutes today. The original strength reset really makes me feel good. It still surprises me how much crawling engages and works the core.

I changed up my kettlebell swings just a little bit. On set 2 I did 10 straight reps with my left hand followed on set 3 with 10 straight reps with my right hand. Moved up to 53 lbs on set 4 as normal and used two hands. Switched hands after 5 reps on sets 5 & 6. Again 10 straight with left and right on sets 7 and 8. Back to switching hands after 5 reps on sets 9 and 10.



Get ups were good. I'm feeling more and more confident, stronger and stronger with the 44 lb. bell. I'm trying to be a little conservative about adding weight, but I'm chomping at the bit to use the 53 lb bell for all my swings and to start incorporating it into my get ups. I finished my kettlebell work in 17:56 which was 44 seconds slower than yesterday. 

My goal is to train with kettlebells on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I want to be certified as both RKC Level 1 and SFG Level 1. Both of those certs are done over Friday through Sunday. A number of articles I've read about training for those certs advocate the Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday training pattern. Let's see if I can get all five days of kettlebell training next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.