Saturday, July 23, 2016

Ripped a Callus

So, I've developed a callus in a weird spot on my left middle finger from doing kettlebell training. Today despite the liberal use of chalk I ripped it. At least it didn't bleed.


Warm Up Original Strength Reset
Cross Crawl - 20 per side
Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
Head Nods - 20 reps
Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
Rocking - 20 reps
Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

Simple and Sinister
Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 53 lbs
Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 44, 44, 53, 53, 44 lbs per side

I didn't start my training until 1800 hours! I don't know why I goofed around so much. I moved quickly through my warm up as I thought it was going to rain and chase me inside again. Warm up took 1308.

I was supposed to do my heavy session yesterday but I slept less than 7 hours so I had to wait until today. Swings were pretty easy. I need to pay attention to my form as I felt like I was involving my low back too much. I reduced the rest between sets of swings from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. Closing in on that 1:1 work to rest ratio as it takes about 15 seconds to do a set of 10 swings.

Get ups felt good. I upped the weight to 53 lbs for the 3rd and 4th sets then dropped back down to the 44 for the final set. I could have done the final set with 53 but didn't want to over do it. Total kettlebell time was 16:56 which was 8 seconds slower than last time. I was breathing super hard when I finished, and sweating like a pig. I laid out on the floor for a couple of minutes but then I was back to feeling great and smiling!


1 comment:

  1. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. callus remover

    ReplyDelete

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.