Monday, January 27, 2014

Chilly Hybrid High Intensity Workout

Working in Greenville today so I got my workout in before starting work. Exercised outside again. It was kinda' chilly, in the 40s, but at least the clouds were clearing out. It was cool enough for me to keep my sweatshirt and Vibram Five Fingers shoes on for the entire workout though.

Warm Up: Intu-Flow 8 minutes

Five Rounds 45 seconds per exercise with 45 seconds rest between rounds.

Frogger to Standing => 7,7,5,6,5
Swing Split to Table Thrust => 5,3,3,4,4
Side Plank to Scorpion => 6,6,6,6,6
Split Squat to Pillow Twist => 6,6,5,5,4

These five rounds took 21 minutes.

Cool Down: Prasara Yoga 14 minutes

This routine is EXHAUSTING! I'm really disappointed with my performance in the second exercise though overall I did more reps than yesterday as I should as this is a high intensity day and yesterday was moderate intensity. I really need to pay attention to my form and make sure I'm using good technique even as I get more fatigued.

By the time I was finished I was dripping wet despite the cool temperatures. It really makes me feel good to exercise outside in the fresh air and sunshine. I think the combination of the three is really helping me to sleep better at night, too.

This is the 24th day of this phase one routine. I have four more days to go. I'm going to get these last four days in without skipping any days. I need to print out the pages for phase two and figure out where I can do the exercises or if I have the right stuff here at home to do them.

Now two hours later I feel good. I'm a little sore in the triceps and my entire torso. I need to really focus on the last exercise to make sure I'm really putting in the work on my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.