Friday, January 3, 2014

Cycle Two Moderate Intensity

Today is day seven of Phase One of the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. That makes this the third of four days in the second cycle. The following is the advice & inspiration from the BB4FL implementation guide.

Sometimes the trickiest part of the Moderate day is maintaining the appropriate Rate of Perceived Effort (RPE). Don't let it creep up into the High Intensity zone.
The appropriate RPE for moderate days is 5-7 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being maximal effort. I definitely violated that maxim on the moderate day of cycle one. I was on the edge of nausea from the latter part of round two onwards. I didn't read this tip until after my first round today. I then consciously tried to keep the intensity down instead of going all out like I did in the first round.

Warm Up: Intu-Flow 9 minutes

Plan: 5 Rounds As Many Reps as Possible with an RPE of 5-7 of
  • Kneeling Push Ups 45 seconds
  • Rest 45 seconds
  • Hip Bridge 45 seconds
  • Rest 45 seconds
  • Side Plank Left 45 seconds
  • Side Plank Right 45 seconds
  • Rest 45 seconds
  • Split Squat Left Leg Back 45 Seconds
  • Split Squat Right Leg Back 45 Seconds
  • Rest 45 seconds
Actual:

  • Kneeling Push Up 17; 12; 11; 11; 13
  • Hip Bridge 45 seconds each round
  • Side Planks 45 seconds each side LR; RL; LR; RL; LR
  • Split Squat 17L,16R; 10R,10L; 11L,10R; 10R,11L; 11L11R


Cool Down: Prasara Yoga 14 minutes

I feel excellent! Rather than completely wiped out I feel energized. I should be good to go for tomorrow's high intensity work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.