Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cold Hybrid Moderate Intensity

I was not prepared for today's workout. I was expecting to do pretty much the same workout as my last moderate intensity day. NOT! Today's workout was comprised of more advanced versions of the exercises I had been doing on the high intensity days.

Warm Up: Intu-Flow 9 minutes

Five Rounds 45 seconds per exercise with 1 minute rest between rounds.

Frogger to Standing => 4,5,5,5,5
Swing Split to Table Thrust => 4, 4, 3, 3, 3
Side Plank to Scorpion => 4, 4, 3, 3, 3
Split Squat to Pillow Twist => 4, 4, 3, 3, 3

These five rounds took 21 minutes.

Cool Down: Prasara Yoga 15 minutes

After the warm up, when I looked at the BB4FL manual I realized that I didn't know how to do the exercises required for today. I had to pause and pull up the exercise instruction videos. Then I got down to business. Even after watching each exercise demo a couple of times, they are still a coordination challenge for sure.

I'm supposed to do the same set of exercise tomorrow but at a higher intensity. Today I was to keep my Rate of Perceived Effort (RPE) in the 5-7 range. Tomorrow's RPE is supposed to be in the 8-9 range. Hopefully I'll have better technique the second time around.

Unfortunately, even though the sun was shining bright it was too cold to workout shirtless. It never got warmer than 41°F and there was just enough wind blowing to make it uncomfortable to even take my sweatshirt off let alone go shirtless.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.