Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Prasara Yoga Recovery 20140121

After a mostly sedentary day waiting for my wife while she had an out patient medical procedure and then working from my couch while she slept off the effects of general anesthesia I got in a low intensity workout. Today's workout consisted of 52 minutes of walking for 2.5 miles and 13.5 minutes of Prasara Yoga as outlined in a recovery routine in the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss.

I was a little sore this morning. Not as sore as yesterday, but I could still feel soreness primarily in my torso and core from all angles. My triceps are sore too. I need to find a way to give more direct stimulation to my biceps.

The walk was cold. It was still in the forties when I set out but it was windy. As far as the yoga I had the most difficulty with the trinity squats and the tripod reach-unders in this routine. Also, the first forward fold with hands clasped behind my back is really hard. My shoulders are just so tight that I can hardly raise my arms off my back.

I feel reenergized after getting my heart rate up and stretching out. I hope I can bring that energy level down enough to go to sleep relatively early. I don't want to be up all night as I've got to get my moderate intensity workout in tomorrow. BTW, today was Day 22, the  2nd day in the sixth cycle of the first phase of this workout program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.