Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cold Dark Walk in the Ice and Snow

I did my Intu-Flow recovery routine from the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. This joint mobility work always makes me feel better. Get the blood moving and the chi circulating almost like Tai Chi.

We got a couple of inches of snow and icy precipitation today. I was gonna skip my walk but told myself I could just go out for 10 minutes. So, I put on my bright yellow, warm Nautica jacket that my deceased dad gave me a few years ago I don't get to wear it much because it doesn't get that cold that often in South Carolina. Then I headed out the door into the 23°F night to walk on the ice. I did my ten minutes and felt good, so I kept walking for another 15-20 minutes.

I had walked about a mile and was just about to go in the house when I noticed a neighbor stand in his driveway. I stopped to talk to him. A few minutes later another neighbor came out. We walked back down to the end of our street which is an entrance to the neighborhood and watched cars sliding around the steep curve of the road bordering our subdivision and into the ditch. They were all eventually able to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.