Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Blue Heron and Ducks Flying at Sunrise

Let me start with my walk from yesterday. I walked about 10 minutes while my lunch was cooking on The Chuck Truck. After I ate I walked about 1.12 in 23 minutes. For some reason my phone would not get a GPS lock despite the clear, sunny skies.

Before bed I did some stretching and foam rolling. The stretching is very humbling. I used to be very flexible but right now I'm so tight it's not even funny. My stretching was the Bretzel 1.0 and 2.0 and straddle stretches.

This morning I got up at 0533. I think I got outside to train about 0715. While I was warming up and the sun was rising for the second morning in a row a Great Blue Heron took off from the pond behind my house and flew overhead. A little later a pair of ducks flew over. It was colder than during yesterday's training session, I think it was about 35°F versus about 45°F. Anyway, I got down to the same Simple & Sinister routine but did not do 6 Minute Abs.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
  • Prying Squat
  • Lying Hip Extension
  • Halo (each direction)
  • Flying Dog (5 reps per side)
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# Two Handed
  • Turkish Get Ups 5x1x20# (Actually 1 rep per side then a short break before next set.)

This was my sixth straight day doing this kettlebell workout. The forecast for the next two days is for rain. I wonder how I'm going to get my workout in. I may be able to do this indoors, we'll see, there is not a lot of free space in our house.

Anyway, I feel great. It really helps me start my day off on the proper note. I can feel myself getting stronger and slightly more flexible. I also think I'm generating more power in each swing. My getups are getting smoother. This is a practice, a plan to improve day to day. I'll be walking at lunchtime later today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.