Friday, January 23, 2015

Chilly Rainy Simple and Sinister

Got my walk in during the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Covered 1.51 miles in 33:01. It was cool and cloudy. I missed the bright sunshine from the previous few days.

Last night I thought about skipping my training session this morning. I was feeling a bit sore and achy, particularly in my hips. Plus the forecast was for rain and I've been training outside. If it rains hard the floor of our carport gets too slick and I would hate to drop a heavy kettlebell inside.

I woke up this morning just before 0500. Got up at 0530 and put on my training clothes as per usual. As it turned out there was a cold drizzle falling from the sky. The carport floor was still dry and I didn't feel achy. So training was ON!

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
  • Prying Squat
  • Lying Hip Extension
  • Halo (each direction)
  • Flying Dog (5 reps per side)
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# Two Handed
  • Turkish Get Ups 5x1x20# (Actually 1 rep per side then a short break before next set.)

6 Minute Abs 
Once again, I got wobbly in the third set set of getups. I think I strained my right external obliques a little. Got to keep focused. I'll give them some special attention with the foam roller tonight. Perhaps the temperature and the dampness had some effect, too. 

This was my seventh day of training in a row. I need to revisit the Simple and Sinister book to check the optimum number of days to train per week. I'll likely take tomorrow off. I'll probably walk around inside our office building today as it is raining and cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.