Saturday, January 10, 2015

Chill but Sunny Outdoor Workout

I walked yesterday at lunch as per normal. I covered 1.42 miles in 34:31. Decent but not as fast as I would like. My goal is to get consistent at a 3 mph walking speed.

Today I worked out in the afternoon and outside. I didn't go for a walk but I've still managed to walk for more than 40 minutes. Thanks for tracking that Google Fit.
I upped my reps on the first set of kettlebell swings from 40 (done on Thursday) to 50. Hooray! I can't believe how involved my calves become when doing high rep swings. I do wear Vibram Five Fingers, maybe I'm unconciously gripping the ground?

I need to slow down on the crunches. I need to count 4 on the way down and on the way back up. On the CVE's I should focus more on really pulling my belly button toward my spine. All in all it was a good workout. I can feel it. 

If I can hit 75 straight swings on Monday I'll move up to my 20# kettlebell. After that I reach 75 straight with that one, I'll need to purchase a new kettlebell. I'll probably get a 25# and a 30#.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.