Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Worst Set of Crunches

I couldn't arrange my schedule yesterday to get my kettlebell training in. I was a bit too tired in the morning after being alerted from my work's monitoring system about a down service at 0230. Didn't have enough time after work as my youngest son had a concert. I did get my walk in during lunch though, 1.71 miles in 36:33.

Today I also got my walk in today. The GPS wasn't tracking well despite clear, sunny skies. It was about 1.6 miles in 30:11. Pretty darn fast. It was cool but nice out. After being out late last night and suffering from a little sleep deprivation I didn't get up early enough today to exercise in the morning, but I did get my training on this evening.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
6 Minute Abs 

My back felt a little "fragile" during my swings. I braced my abs as hard as I could tried to "crack a walnut" with my glutes. That stabilized my back pretty good. I generated good power. I can't seem to get my 50 swings done in less than about 9 minutes though. That's disappointing.

I was a little wobbly again with the getups. I focused hard and tried to get in the groove. When holding the bell with my left arm my arm was wavering a bit. I did get a couple in that felt solid and strong on both sides. It is very important to focus and move with precision on the getups.

And now to the abs. I guess my abs were just too exhausted from the swings and the getups. I could only get in 2 or 3 crunches without pausing for a few seconds. I did them very slowly, 4 seconds down, 4 seconds up and tried to hold 4 seconds at the top. The CVEs were good. I think I'm getting better at really pulling my abs in .

I felt very good, highly energized when I was done. I had an incredible sense of well being. It was like my whole body was primed and ready to go. I will do my best to get up early tomorrow to do my kettlebell training before work. Oh, I've got over 8K steps in so far today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.