Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Another Early Morning Training Session

I did walk yesterday. Got in 1.51 miles in 32:07. It was a lovely, sunny 64°F when I walked.

Today I got up 10 minutes earlier today, 0540, than yesterday. Got started on my training session a few minutes earlier, too. I was kinda sore, still stiff even though I had been up for 1.5 hours before I got started. However, by the time I finished my warm-up circuits I was feeling ready to tackle the real work of the session.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
  • Prying Squat
  • Lying Hip Extension
  • Halo (each direction)
  • Flying Dog (5 reps per side)
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# Two Handed
  • Turkish Get Ups 5x1x20# (Actually 1 rep per side then a short break before next set.)

This felt good. I got a little wobbly in the third set of getups but was able to recover. These two exercises are quite a challenge. They have me huffing and puffing. My glutes and hamstrings are fried. I feel a little more pain than normal in my right shoulder, my "bad" one. I'll ice it tonight. I finished up in about 40 minutes. Then went on to six minute abs.

6 Minute Abs 
  • Myotatic Crunch 1x10
  • CVE 1x10
I will walk during lunch time at work again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.