Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Early (For Me) Morning Workout

I woke up around 0430 this morning. I stayed in bed until 0550. I was hoping I would go back to sleep but no such luck. After making coffee, having a cup, meditating, reading 10 pages of The Power of Less, and washing some dishes I got started on my kettlebell training at 0738. I need to actually get up earlier and get started with my training sooner.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
  • Prying Squat
  • Lying Hip Extension
  • Halo (each direction)
  • Flying Dog (5 reps per side)
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# Two Handed
  • Turkish Get Ups 5x1x20# (Actually 1 rep per side then a short break before next set.)
This whole session took 42 minutes. I need to move a little more quickly and get this under 30 minutes. I kept my focus and braced my abs for each swing and squeezed my glutes at the top of each rep of the swings. I lost a little control during the 4th set of getups when doing the reverse lunge to go back to the floor. I'm glad I was on an exercise mat rather than the concrete as that would have made for a bruised left knee cap. 

I'll walk at lunch time. Tomorrow I'll tack on 6 minute abs. BTW, the deep squats, swings and getups really work the abdominals very hard if indirectly. Therefore, I don't think I need to do direct ab work daily.

I felt so very good after this mornings session, energized, loose and ready for the day. Thanks for Simple and Sinister, Pavel Tsatsouline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.