Sunday, January 18, 2015

Warm Sunny Outdoor Training

Got up late. Lazed around. I wasn't overly sore but I had that good, well worked feeling in my muscles. Put on my exercise gear. Lazed around some more. Finally got out and got to work. Simple and Sinister calls for daily practice with the kettlebells unless one is just too sore or are in a crunch for time.

Warm Up Circuit
  • Prying Squat
  • Lying Hip Extension
  • Halo
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 
    • 1x10x20# Two Handed
    • 1x10x20# Right Handed
    • 1x10x20# Left Handed
    • 1x10x20# Two Handed
    • 1x10x20# Two Handed
  •  Turkish Get Ups 5x1x15# (Actually 1 rep per side then a short break before next set.)
Walking 2.3 miles in 42 minutes.

I used the basketball goal post to work on my deep squats. It was easier to use and I could get my elbows inside my thighs to work on prying open my hips. Nice warm up, but I meant to do some flying dogs, too. Next time.

During the swings I did a couple of sets one handed as noted above. Felt good but I think I should stick to two hands for a while longer. I upped the weight for the get ups from 10# to 15# as the 10 pounders was just too light yesterday. Then I went off for my walk. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.