Saturday, December 19, 2015

Chilly Afternoon Simple and Sinister

I was in a bad mood today. I knew I would feel better if I got outside and did some exercise but I kept procrastinating. I didn't get out there until after 1630 hours. I started with and Original Strength reset. I figured if I didn't feel good once that was completed that I would stop.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
I felt good after the reset so I figured I would go on with the Simple and Sinister warmup. And evaluate again.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo

I felt well enough after the warm up so I proceed with main sets. Not only that I decided to go with the 53 lb kettlebell on all sets.

The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 7 x 10 x 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
I felt much better mentally, emotionally and physically once I finished. It was one of those days where I just had to get started and then roll on and it turned out to be a good training session. Oh and as for chilly, it was 44°F or so while I was training. Chilly for SC but no where near real cold temperatures but it is all relative is it not? Amazingly enough my hip did not hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.