Thursday, December 3, 2015

300 Kettlebell Swings Daily for 30 Days Done

I haven't posted in just over a month. However, I diligently pursued and completed the challenge of doing 300 kettlebell swings every day for 30 days and finished the 30 days on November 29th. It was tough, especially the first week or so even though I was only using a 16 kg kettlebell. My body got used to it. I generally knocked them out in blocks in 50 or 100. By the end of the month it was a bit of a mental grind more so than a physical one.

I have ordered some heavier kettlebells.  I'm going to start integrating a 24 kg into my swing sets. During the 30 days I progressed from using a 12 kg to the 16 kg for my turkish get ups. Progress all around. Also, though I didn't measure strictly I noticed that my jeans have gotten looser and I have had to pull my belt tighter. I posted a picture on Facebook yesterday and a number of people remarked that I had lost weight! I also feel like my back is stronger and my posture is better.

My plan for the next several weeks is to follow Pavel Tsatsouline's Simple and Sinister program. I know in my last post I said I would go back to doing Tracy Reifkind's workouts but I found that I really liked the daily practice of the 30 day challenge. Now that I've had a couple of days off and time to think S&S is the way to go for me for now.

I also stumbled across the Original Strength program during the last month via the Rdella Strength Training podcast in which Scott Iardella interviewed one of the author's Geoff Neupert. I bought the book Pressing Reset, Original Strength Reloaded. I've started doing a 10 minute reset from the book daily and I can already feel the difference. My hips (I've been having trouble with my left hip) and bum right shoulder feel better and so does my lower back. I highly recommend the resets they only take 10 minutes or so!

I'll be posting more often again, but probably not everyday. Actually I might at least post my daily numbers if not much narrative.

Today

Original Strength 10 minuter reset before leaving the house for the office.

1 Mile walk after lunch.

After work:

  • OS Reset
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# in 5 minutes
  • 1 minute break
  • Turkish Get Ups 5x1x35# per side in 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.