Saturday, December 5, 2015

Woke Up Feeling Very Good

I woke up feeling very good this morning. Drank some water and had a couple or three cups of coffee.  During that time I ran the dishwasher, put away some dishes that had been hand washed and hand washed some more dishes. I also washed dried and folded a couple of loads of clothes. Nic eand productive.

Got dressed and did the Original Strength reset I did yesterday. Did a little more laundry and dishes. Then I went outside and did the Simple and Sinister routine.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird dogs
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5 x 10 x 35#, 35#, 53#, 53#, 35#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)


I did the prying squats assisting myself by grasping the pole of our basketball goal while in the bottom position. I braced my knees inside my thighs and pressed out to increase the stretch. I also subtly shifted positions working on hip and pelvic mobility. All the rest of the warm up was pretty standard stuff.

The kettlebell swings were fairly easy until the first set at 53 pounds. I was not properly braced and positioned on the first swing at 53#. I almost lost my balance with the heavier weight. I guess I had gotten too used to the 35 pounder which I can easily "muscle" now. I immediately focused and tightened up my form and bracing. This made for two good sets at the heavier weight.

I'm getting better at doing Turkish Get Ups with the 35 pounder. Once again I momentarily lost focus in the fourth set, wobbled a bit going from the post to kneeling and had to catch my balance. Overall though I felt better. My arms and shoulders feel pretty smoked on the fifth set though. I completed the session in the prescribed 16 minutes: 5 minutes for swings, 1 minute rest, 10 minutes for get ups.

After a glass of water I stayed outside and swept and raked leaves for an hour. Man it's a beautiful day. Bright and sunny without a cloud in the sky if a little cool for Greenville, SC at 55°F and just breezy enough to feel like 52°F. 

Overall a nice morning and early afternoon. The relatively low volume of daily exercise provided by Simple and Sinister leaves me plenty of gas in the tank to do other things. It also doesn't make me super sore though I can feel how well my muscles worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.