Sunday, December 13, 2015

Simple and Sinister Day 10 20151213

Another beautiful day in SC. Blue skies and warm. Got outside and got training.



Original Strength reset.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird dogs
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 5 x 10 x 35#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)


I love the huge old oak at the end of our driveway but it is also my nemesis. I swept up this whole area and more yesterday. Even while I was working leaves were raining down. I warmed up a little faster than yesterday.

The training went well. Getting used to handling the 53lb/24kg bell on the swings. Getting more solid w/ the 35lb/16kg on get ups, too. I finished the practice 30 seconds under the time limit. Simple and Sinister is the bomb! I need to figure out how I'm going to progress. Should I start working on 15 seconds swinging to 15 seconds rest or start adding more sets in my current work to rest ratio of 15 seconds on to 45 seconds reset? The goal is 10 sets of 10 reps in 5 minutes. I think I'll in the StrongFirst Training/Practice group on Facebook. Or maybe I should transition to more one arm swings?

I also did about two hours of yard work today. I swept, raked and bagged leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.