Monday, December 21, 2015

10 Sets of 10 Reps of Kettlebell Swings with 24 Kilos

This morning I did an Original Strength reset  and a couple of unloaded turkish get ups before leaving home for the office. See yesterday's post for details. At lunch I did some modified shinbox switches and a couple of unloaded turkish get ups. I followed that with a leisurely walk of 1.11 miles in 30 minutes.

When I got home I kinda' didn't want to do my Simple and Sinister routine. My hip was hurting again after driving home and sitting in traffic. So, step one I put on my workout clothes. Step two I went outside and laid out my exercise mat and kettlebells. Step three I took my time warming up, 20 minutes in fact. Told myself if I wasn't feeling it I would stop after the warm up.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, Prying Squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
But I did feel good. My hip stopped hurting so much. In fact I felt so good, so strong, that I upped my sets from 7 to 10 the goal. I did 10 kettlebell swings in EMOM fashion with my 24kg Rogue kettlebell. I can finish 10 swings in 15 seconds, ala Tracy Reifkind, leaving me 45 seconds to rest before the next set. It felt good.

I took one minute rest at the end of the swings and then moved on to Turkish Get Ups. I complete 5 reps per side in just under 10 minutes. The practice took just a little more than 20 minutes. I'm glad i trained. I felt better once I was done and I still had "energy in the bank." BTW, my hamstrings are still getting sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.