Friday, December 18, 2015

Simple and Sinister Day 13 20151218

I didn't do an Original Strength reset yesterday. I didn't train yesterday as we had our office Christmas party and I had a few beers. Kettlebells after beer didn't seem like a good idea. My morning routine got interrupted today by an "emergency" from work so again I didn't press reset. I did get my training on once I got home from the office though.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs

The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 7 x 10 x 35#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 35#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
It is cold outside, 39°F and feels Like 34°! I first went out in sweatpants w/ shorts underneath and a sweatshirt w/ a short sleeved t-shirt underneath. Before I even got started I came back in and put a long sleeved t-shirt on over the short sleeved one and then put my sweatshirt on over both of them. The wind was still cutting through but it was bearable. Once I got moving it was a little better than bearable.

The warm up went okay. My hip didn't hurt too bad. Maybe because I didn't do any real prying in the bottom of the goblet squat and didn't really rock back and forth to stretch things out so much. I just squatted deep and held it for a five or more seconds.

The swings went by rather quickly. I'm getting a good feel for the 53 pounder. I think I'll add on a set or two tomorrow. The final "drop" set at 35 pounds feels ridiculously light. Getting stronger on the 35 pound get ups, too. I think my form is getting better. That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.