Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Simple and Sinister Day 17 20151223

I took yesterday off as my hip was hurting more than usual. I did do an Original Strength reset and two unloaded Turkish Get Ups per side after work.

This morning I did that same little session at work. As usual I spent most of the day standing up for work. Once I got home I quickly set up indoors for my Simple and Sinister training since it had been raining for nearly 24 hours. I don't have a garage just a carport and the rain makes the floor slippery.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, Prying Squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
I cranked right through the routine. Felt good. My swings were powerful and fluid. I do have to queue myself to "try and crush a walnut between my ass cheeks" at the top position from time to time. I did the swings EMOM.

After a one minute break I got rolling on the get up. I had to push myself on these to get close to finishing on time. I actually took 15 seconds longer than the allotted 10 minutes to complete them.



The above is my post workout meal and actually my first meal of the day. Two palms worth of protein, two hands of veggies, one hand of rice ala Precision Nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.