Monday, December 14, 2015

Indoor Training for a Change

This morning before leaving home for the office did an Original Strength reset.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
I felt really tired this afternoon. Drank. Some coffee late in the afternoon. Did my traing once I got home. Had to train inside because it had been raining most of the day. I warmed up with another reset then got down to the swings.

The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 7 x 10 x 35#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 53#, 35#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
I added two extra sets of swings for a total of 7. I added another set at 53 lbs. and a final drop set of 35 lbs. I still did the sets in EMOM fashion.  I'm going to work up to 10 x 10 x 53# in EMOM fashion. Once I'm solid with that I'll cut down to 15 seconds on 15 seconds off so I can get the 10 sets done in 5 minutes rather than 10.

It'x a lot less comfortable working out inside than outside. I've grown quite accustomed to training outside in both the heat and cold. It's nice to have the fresh air. The heat and stillness of the air inside was quite uncomfortable. I did the getups in about 11 minutes instead of the normal 10. BTW, my glutes and hamstrings are pretty darn sore from the heavier weights. I think daily practice of Simple and Sinister will turn me into a high performance machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.