Saturday, December 26, 2015

Training Inspiration from Marco Polo's Hundred Eyes

I didn't train for two days. Is has been raining almost non stop so my last training session was indoors. On Christmas Eve I'm not sure why I didn't train except my left hip was not happy, giving me pain that is. Also, I'm on call this week and my Christmas eve sleep was wrecked by on call duties. That led me to not train on Christmas day.

Today my hips and low back were quite stiff. I knew I needed to train. I even put on my workout gear as soon as I got up. However, I didn't get around to my Simple and Sinister routine until late in the afternoon and only after being inspired by the back story of Hundred Eyes of the NetFlix original series Marco Polo. I know it's not a real story but the thought of the training required to be a master of Wudang Kung Fu, and then to remaster the art after being blinded is inspiring. So outside I went to start my kettlebell practice since it was sunny for the first time in days.

I started with an Original Strength reset and then the normal S&S warm up I do.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
Normal swings done EMOM. Felt nice and strong. Got the get ups done in about 9.5 minutes. I'm getting used to the 35# bell for the get ups. However ,by the time I was done I was huffing and puffing and sweating quite a bit. Even so, the exercise makes me feel good and I've got energy left in my "bank".

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.