Sunday, December 20, 2015

Simple and Sinister Day 15 20151220

After losing an average of two pounds a week for the first two weeks of December when I weighed in yesterday I had only lost 0.2 pounds. I attribute that slow down to not exercising two days this past week and some unusual eating. We had a Christmas party at work with heavy hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine. Not only did I eat quite a bit, I drank several beers there and once I got home which led to one of the days when I skipped training. I also bought doughnuts for the office and ate 3 myself that day.

Anyway, after getting up late and reading I did some chores. By mid-afternoon I got started with my exercise.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted, prying squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
The Practice
  • Kettlebell Swings 7 x 10 x 53#
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35# (per side)
Since I didn't get my Original Strength reset in early this morning I started my warm up with it. Then on to Simple and Sinister warm up and practice. The OS reset by itself makes me feel good. The brief S&S routine makes me feel good, too. It's nice to wake up in the morning without pain. These simple exercises are strengthening and stabilizing my core and back, as well as improving my hip flexibility and mobility. 

I think I'll stay with the 7 sets of swings at 53 pounds for another day and then add another set or two. The first goal is ten sets of ten reps. The next goal is to get those ten sets of 10 done in five minutes or less. Once I've got that down I'll work on moving my get up weight to 44 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.