Sunday, December 27, 2015

Simple and Sinister Day 19 20151227

This morning I slept in. A couple of hours after I got up I did the simple Original Strength press reset routine. I also did two unloaded Turkish Get Ups. I'm going to work on completing this simple routine twice a day to improve my mobility, stability and core strength.
  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes
This evening I completed the Simple and Sinister routine indoors as it rained again last night and today after a lovely sunny day yesterday. I much prefer training outdoors in the fresh air. However, it is so warm, currently 66°F, that we've got doors and windows open so it was almost like training outside. The ceiling fan helped stirred up a breeze as if I was outside, too.

Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs
The Practice
The warm up went pretty well. I did the kettlebell swings a little differently this time. Instead of doing them in EMOM fashion I reduced my rest time. It takes about 15 seconds to do 10 swings which gave me 45 seconds of rest each set. Today I reduced that rest time to 35 seconds. I want to gradually cut that down to where I have equal work and rest, 15 seconds on 15 seconds off. In that fashion I should be able to complete 100 swings in just 5 minutes. After that I'll work in one hand swings until I can do all 100 evenly alternating arms.

I took a little bit longer than one minute of rest between swings and get ups as I was also preparing dinner tonight. I had to take broccoli out of the oven and put salmon in. But after that I motored through the get ups. Total time for the practice was about 18:20.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.