Thursday, December 31, 2015

Orange Bowl Halftime Simple and Sinister

I did my normal Original Strength restorative reset before leaving the house for the office this morning.

  • Cross Crawl 20 reps
  • Diaphragmatic Breathing 2 minutes
  • Head Nods 20 reps
  • Segmented rolls 3 reps each direction led by each limb
  • Rocking 20 reps
  • Baby Crawl 2 minutes


Came home this afternoon just about 30 minutes before the Orange Bowl started. I took a few minutes just to rest and relax. However, I knew I wanted to get my Simple and Sinister training in. I figured I would either do it during halftime of the Orange Bowl, or after that game and before the Cotton Bowl.


Warm Up 3 circuits 5 reps each exercise
  • Deep, assisted squats
  • Hip Bridges
  • Light Kettlebell Halo
  • Bird Dogs
The Practice
I started my warm up with about 3 minutes to go in the first half. I didn't miss much as several timeouts and incomplete passes stopped the clock. I got started with the practice right as halftime began. I used the same work to rest ratio 15 secs/ 35 secs as last time for the swings. I was huffing pretty good. This is my third time using this work/rest ratio. I think I'll be sticking here for a few more days.

Took the prescribed one minute rest after the swings and then got right on the get ups. I didn't rush the movements but tried to rest as little as possible between reps. There is a point where the right knee is down on the mat and you rotate the leg, for some reason this hurts a little spot on my knee. I think it's where one of the scars is from arthroscopic surgery a few years ago. It's not major pain just annoying like a pinch. I finished these in about 9:08. Total time for the practice was 17:43 and I was done just in time for the beginning of the second half.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.