Saturday, May 28, 2016

Cooler Evening Kettlebell Training


Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 3 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2.5 minutes
Test my max rep pushups in a single set. Got 14 reps! That's up from 11 back on 14 May 2016. The last two weeks I've been doing 4 rep grease the groove style sets throughout my work day.

Simple and Sinister 
I decided to throw in a couple sets of one hand swings. They felt good. I also did 5 sets at 53lbs. Getting stronger! I had intended to do a set or two of get ups with the 44 lb kettlebell but I forgot and moved that bell away from exercise mat. So, in order to finish my get ups in less than 10 minutes I stuck with the 35 lb. bell.

Today I had a peak heart rate of 145 during my swings. My average heart rate during the kettlebell practice was 121. Warm up plus push up test 12:41. Kettlebells 18:35. I did even more work in less time! I've done my kettlebell training 17 out of 28 days this month. That's a little bit better than every other day. I would like to get to training every day with only the occasional day off as outlined in Simple and Sinister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.