Thursday, May 26, 2016

Warm Humid Evening Simple and Sinister

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 3 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 4 minutes
I didn't want to work out. My hips have been pretty achy the last couple of days. But then again I haven't done an OS Rest for a couple of days, nor done my kettlebell practice. I've got to remember that Movement Is Medicine! I feel better now, left hip still hurts some but right one feels good.

I ended up crawling four minutes. I crawled slowly because as I said my hips were aching but I wanted to cover my normal distance. It just took twice as long. Total warm up time 14 minutes.

I wasn't sure I was going to do my kettlebell practice, but I started listening to the Strength Matters Podcast as I was leaving work to help get me in the mood for training. By the time my warm up was done I had listened to an inspiring episode and started in on the interview of Pat Flynn. There was no way I could not train. Plus the OS Reset had loosened me up pretty well.

I did one more set of two hand swings at 53 lbs. than last time. I slowed down on the Get Ups. Maybe it was the heat. The whole kettlebell routine took me 20:05, which was really on 25 seconds longer than Monday but it felt like a struggle during the last 2 or 3 sets of get ups.

I've also gotten nearly 9k steps today as well as doing 52 push ups in Grease the Groove fashion of 13 sets of 4 reps spread through the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.