Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cool Spring Afternoon Kettlebell Practice

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2 minutes
It was unusually cool today for May 15th, the average is 80°F but it was only about 71°F. I really meant to train earlier but didn't get around to starting until 1524. Warm up was 11:43. Practice was 19:08. 

I'm kinda' torn as to whether I should start increasing the weight on my swings to the 53lb. bell or start shortening the rest interval. I'm currently doing 10 swings EMOM. The 10 swings take about 15 seconds leaving 45 seconds rest. 

I'm in inclined to start adding weight. The "simple" goal of Simple and Sinister for men is 100 one hand swings in sets of 10 in 5 minutes with a 32kg (70lb.) kettlebell. I think I should at least use the women's "simple" goal weight of 24kg (53lb.) before I start reducing the rest time. Plus I'm still doing all two hand swings, so I need to transition to one hand swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.