Sunday, December 25, 2016

Woke Up Pain Free

I woke up this morning and sat up on the edge of my bed for a few minutes. I noticed something funny...NOTHING HURT! No aches! No pains! I didn't know what to think. On the one hand I was very thankful. On the other I wondered what kind of life is it when it's more unusual to wake up pain free than in pain? I believe it's the result of the exercises I've been doing faithfully 14 of the last 15 days.

I got up at 0630 to do some holiday baking. After baking two cakes and opening Christmas presents I went outside to meditate and get in my training session. Before I could start training I had to sweep up leaves and acorns again.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
The entire routine felt good. Performance prep loosened me up nicely. I was primed and ready to work. BTW, crawling can be a work out all on it's own. It really works my entire scapular region, total shoulder work. Plus it really engages the core. Good stuff all over. Total prep time today 18:21.

Did my normal kettlebell practice, two hand swings and get ups. Both movements were pretty easy. I think I'm dialing my form in on both movements. They both felt good. Total kettlebell time was 15:42.

I'm writing this many hours later, a couple of hours drive away from home at my brother-in-law's house. At the moment, after a HUGE dinner, I'm feeling tired and sore. Haven't felt sore like this in a about a week. I brought my kettlebells with me so I can train tomorrow, but I'll just see how I feel in the morning and decide then to train or not. If I do train, I'll have to decide whether I'll stick to plan and go up to 10 sets of swings and 5 sets of get ups or stay with my current 7 and 4 an extra day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.