Wednesday, December 21, 2016

One Day Off and Back to Kettlebell Practice

I took yesterday off. I'm on call this week and got paged 5 times yesterday between 0000 and 0500. Not much sleep and I've decided to follow in Kelly and Juliette Starret's footsteps and only train if I've gotten 7 or more hours of sleep. Also, I was feeling a little more sore than normal after nine straight days of training.

I got paged again just before 0500 this morning. Was back in bed by 0600 and slept until after 0900. I was in bed before 2200 last night. Since I got more sleep this go around I decided to train. Today is a lovely, sunny and warm day. Perfect for a midday session since I got up so late. 

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

Simple and Sinister
1 Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each.

I was not exhausted. Far from it. I felt energized and refreshed. Just decided to take the picture on the ground with my kettlebells.

The Original Strength reset makes me feel good. Crawling works so many parts of the body. I can feel muscles in my scapula working. I can feel my abs working and more! Good stuff. Warm up took 15:06.

I think my form might be slightly off on the swings as I was feeling it a bit in my low back. Not pain, just muscle fatigue. I need to tighten that up because I shouldn't feel it there. Got to keep my abs tight, hinge at the hips and keep my chest high and open.

Get ups felt good. Good alignment. Paid particular attention to keeping my arms vertical. Also paid attention to making sure my hand, knee and foot are all aligned when in the hinged kneeling position with hand on the ground. Decided to keep the timer running while I did a set of arm bars. Hope this will help even more with shoulder stability. Total kettlebell time 19:14.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.