Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Lovely Day for Kettlebell Practice

I turned off the TV before 2230 last night! Yay! I first woke up around 0515 but went back to sleep until about 0615. Got up at 0630 and made the coffee. Then read, put away dishes, washed a few dishes, cleaned counters and stove top, swept the kitchen. Finally got changed for working out and went outside and meditated. I also had to sweep oak leaves up again! Finally at 0947 I got started with my practice. When I go back to work next week I need to get up earlier and get started more quickly.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 5 reps left and right leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
The original strength reset felt really good. My reset is nowhere near as advanced as this flow, but gets the job done and is the basis of the flow. I started my crawling in a shaded area of grass and it was cold and wet w/ dew. Changed my normal path to get in a sun dried patch of grass. Then on to the founder, halo and arm bars. Total perf prep time 19:43.

Swings are swings. My low back is still getting a little tired towards the last two or three sets of swings. I wonder if I should take a day off? I resumed my pursuit of Simple and Sinister with nine straight days of training. I've done my kettlebell practice eight days in a row since my last day off. So not as many days as I began with but I'm also doing more sets. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Get ups felt good. The carport was dry so no slipping. I think the good positions and transitions that I've been trying to emulate from StrongFirst videos is getting grooved in. Total kettlebell time 20:30. I only got in 4872 steps yesterday. Need to set my timer to get up and walk for 5 minutes after every 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.