Saturday, December 24, 2016

Keeping It Simple

Another day, another training session. A little cooler today and cloudy but still pleasant enough. I was happy to be training outside.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
I listened to a great interview of Gary Schofield before I started my kettlebell practice. That's where I got the idea of reframing warm ups as performance preparation. That's what it really is. I do all of those things to prepare me to perform swings and get ups at a high level. Total perf prep time 21:01. That seems like a lot for a 16 minute kettlebell session, but the OS resets are also general prep for the day and for overall wellness.

The seven sets of swings with the 35 lb kettlebell are really getting easy. However, I'm going to take one more day at this level unlike what I said yesterday about going to 10 sets tomorrow. My plan was to do 7 days at 5 sets of swings and 3 sets of get ups, followed by 7 days of 7 sets of swings and 4 sets of get ups. Reason being I had one day off in the last two weeks. On Monday I'll go to the 10 sets of swings and 5 sets of get ups.

Get ups felt good. I'm really working hard on getting my hands and shoulders positioned properly. I want to make sure get ups are helping my shoulders, particularly my troublesome right shoulder, rather than hurting them. Felt really good when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.