Sunday, December 11, 2016

Chilly Cloudy Short Simple and Sinister

I did make the appointment with the orthopedist. The neck of my left femur is just thicker than average. This limits the clearance for proper movement. The result is a callus in the socket and inflammation of the tissues around the joint. Nothing to be done other than a hip replacement when I'm ready for it.

I haven't done much exercise. I did do Original Strength resets for a couple of days after we got back to SC from celebrating Thanksgiving with family in Tallahassee, FL.  I must admit I was a bit depressed by the result of my orthopedic appointment. But all I can do is resume exercise, realize that I have some limitations and that my hip is just going to hurt. That being said, I got off my butt and worked out again today after a couple of weeks of not much as I said.

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 3 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 2 minutes
Simple and Sinister
These are the weights I was using couple of years ago. Want to make sure I don't over do it. Thus the light weights and approximately half the sets that Simple and Sinister calls for.  I'm going to work on doing this short routine every day this week and then see where I am and how I feel.

At the moment I feel a little bit of a "pull" in my right obliques. Felt it on the last get up. Hope it's just a minor tweak and that I haven't derailed myself before really getting started. I also found this article, Solid: In-Between Simple and Sinister, to be quite inspirational and educational. I also topped 10K steps for the first time since October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.