Saturday, December 31, 2016

Are You Going to the Basketball Game

Went to bed around 2230. Got up around 0730 after a mediocre night's sleep. Was awake or restless a total of 58 minutes, so only got 7.75 hours sleep. But somehow I didn't start working out until 1039.
What the heck was I doing for three hours? I didn't do any chores. I just read a bit.


Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.
1 Superset of 5 reps Push-ups & Australian Pull-ups

Simple and Sinister
It was much colder today than yesterday. Once again since I have trained eleven days in a row,  I again decided to just do my performance prep and then decide whether to do my kettlebell practice or not. I also decided to add in one superset of push ups and Australian pull ups to get in a little direct upper body work. All of that took 21:01.

And I felt good. Therefore on to kettlebells. I was in my 7th or 8th set of swings when my spouse came outside and asked me if I was still going to the Furman Univ. men's basketball game which tipped off at noon. I said yes, but it was after 1100 and the game was to tip off at 1200.

I finished my swings in normal fashion but pretty much raced through the get ups. I believe I still used good form, I just moved quickly and took minimal rest. I only took 6:25 to do the get ups. Total kettlebell practice time 17:25.

And yes, we made it to the game on time. Furman beat The Citadel 83 - 68. Go Paladins! And I got in 9042 steps yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.