Monday, December 26, 2016

Cool Misty Training Day

Yesterday evening I was feeling sore. Woke up this morning after 0800 and felt good. My muscles were not sore. No aching back, hip or shoulder. A good night's sleep of at least 8 hours and a healthy amount of food yesterday evening led to the sense of well being. I was ready to train.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
It is a cool, cloudy and misty day but I still trained outside. Everything about performance prep was normal. Crawled a big circle in my father-in-law's backyard. After my performance prep I felt good enough to step up to 10 sets of swings and 5 sets of get ups as planned. A little tired the last few sets of swings but I maintained good form.

On to the get ups. These felt good. My shoulder position and stability is improving. Most notably in my troublesome right shoulder. Now that I'm up to the full number of sets I'm looking forward to increasing the weight. Despite a temperature in the mid fifties Fahrenheit I was sweating nicely, but not heavily once I complete the get ups. I feel energized and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.