Friday, December 30, 2016

Got Up Late and Late Kettlebell Practice

I woke up around 0350 this morning. Had been having a disturbing dream. Went to the bathroom. Tried to read myself to sleep without waking up the spouse. Wasn't falling asleep. Went to another room and read for an hour before falling asleep. Got up after 0900 and got over 8 hours of sleep in total.

After reading, watching television and doing chores around the house I finally got outside and began my kettlebell practice around 1500. It was sunny but cooler than the last few days.


Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 5 reps left and right leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.

Simple and Sinister


Performance prep went well. I was really only intending to do the Original Strength Reset and the other preparatory movements. I was going to leave it at that, just to get loosened up. But I felt good once I was done with that, so I went on and started my kettlebell practice. The movement prep took 19:09.

The kettlebell swings felt good. Again, my lower back is adjusting nicely to the full ten sets of swings that are called for. I can do the swings in about 15 seconds, then I rest 45 seconds. Following this pattern, the swings take 10 minutes. I've not yet tried to reduce the rest time. Eventually the goal is to do 100 swings within 5 minutes.

I felt strong during the get ups. Form was good as well. I want to increase the weight but I also need to be patient. I want to make sure I own the weights, sets and reps I'm currently doing before moving up. I also want to make sure I don't aggravate any old injuries or cause new ones. Total kettlebell practice time was 21:06. This was my tenth straight training session and nineteenth in twenty days. I got in 9385 steps yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.