Friday, December 23, 2016

Twelth Day of Simple and Sinister

Another nice day for outdoor training. Sunny and warm. I came across an article, The Everyday Athlete’s Guide To Designing Your Own Home Workout, yesterday. It vindicated my choice of exercises with this quote from the author

“If I had to pick a handful of exercises / movements that everyone should do every day, forever, and nothing else, to promote longevity and make a healthier planet Earth, they would be:
Getting up and down from the floor
Rolling on the floor
Crawling on the floor
Get ups
Swings
That's what I'm trying to do every day with this routine

Warm Up Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 5 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 4 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 15 lbs.
1 set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
Nothing special to report. Warm up was a lot longer than normal, took 20:44. I did extra rolling and crawling. Really focused on some nuances of form on my get ups thanks to this video by Martine Kerr. Total kettlebell time 16:22. 

I love how I feel after this routine. It leaves me energized and wanting more. The key is to not do more but to adhere to the programmed minimum effective dose. I am looking forward to stepping up to the full 10 sets of swings and 5 sets of get ups on Sunday. After a week or two at full sets, I'll start upping the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.